"The plot of an Alafair Burke thriller doesn't just rip from the headlines. She's one step ahead of them. 212 scares you and keeps you turning the pages into the wee hours."
— Harlan Coben

Read More>

Follow Alafair on:



Blog


A New Low(brow)? Tru-Dat

Friday, August 8, 2008

As many of you know, I sometimes serve as a trial and legal commentator for various TV programs. Well this week I received a few emails from folks telling me they'd seen me on Tru TV (formerly Court TV). I haven't filmed anything for months so I wasn't sure what it could be. Replays of my thoughtful soundbites on Michael Jackson, Scott Peterson, or BTK? No, turns out that Disorder in the Court, which I participated in last winter, has finally aired. At the time, I was asked to watch clips of legal dust ups and then offer my comments. When it's all cut together, it's pretty low brow (but entertaining) stuff. I may descend further down the cultural heirarchy if they ever use my contributions to World's Dumbest Criminals; I see from their website that current featured commentators include Todd Bridges, Tonya Harding, and Amy Fisher. Yikes!

posted by Alafair Burke at 6:15 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yipes!" is right. What were you [not] thinking? I hope you got lots of money for doing those, as you're putting yourself in some pretty low company. The most responsible person I've seen doing these comments is Mickey Sherman, and it goes down from there. But that's not to say I won't watch in hopes of seeing how you handled it.

August 15, 2008 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Alafair Burke said...

When I was asked to do the dumb criminals show, it was in the company of Harlan Coben and Lee Child. So hopefully they'll air us together and not with Tonya Harding et al.

August 27, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts





about books blog newsletter events contact