"The plot of an Alafair Burke thriller doesn't just rip from the headlines. She's one step ahead of them. 212 scares you and keeps you turning the pages into the wee hours."
— Harlan Coben

Read More>

Follow Alafair on:



Blog


And you thought I made that stuff up...

Thursday, August 7, 2008

If you've read the Samantha Kincaid novels, then you know that she works in the Multnomah County madhouse, I mean, courthouse. When I was there last month, one of my best friends Josh Lamborn (the same Lamborn mentioned here, and also the namesake for secondary character Deputy Lamborn in Judgment Calls) was settling an aggravated murder trial with some interesting plea terms. I didn't blog about it then because I wasn't sure if those facts were public. Now, however, they're on CNN.

Now do you understand why I have so many crazy courthouse stories?

posted by Alafair Burke at 6:25 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I would do just about anything for fried chicken, but I guess that would be pushing it too far. LOL

Karen Syed
http://www.karensyed.blogspot.com

August 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger Jen Forbus said...

There are two things that terrify me about this...first being that people like this are running around free in this country (thankfully less one now) and that there is someone who would MARRY HIM!!! What was that woman thinking???

August 9, 2008 at 4:47 AM  
Blogger littleer said...

I know that real life is so close to fiction as in judgement calls the long haul trucker and the two who falsely confessed to a myrder he commited is close to an actual event with a real serial killer

August 17, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts





about books blog newsletter events contact