"The plot of an Alafair Burke thriller doesn't just rip from the headlines. She's one step ahead of them. 212 scares you and keeps you turning the pages into the wee hours."
— Harlan Coben

Read More>

Follow Alafair on:



Blog


Happy Birthday, Pamala!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Many of you know my sister, Pamala, who runs my father's website and makes the fabulous Robicheaux Gear. Pamala is celebrating her __th birthday today, and I hope it's one of her happiest. Because I know she'll love me for it, I'm including some pictures of my beautiful sister -- with a fish, my Barry Manilow concert glowstick (really), and my cutey of a nephew, respectively.


Happy Birthday, chica. You rock.

posted by Alafair Burke at 4:56 AM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you explained about the glow stick; I thought it was a pregnancy test. :O Happy Bday, Pamala! I hope you have many more!

I do have a question for you vis a vis, not being interviewed. Last week, the DoD expert on rape in the Armed Forces was ordered not to appear before a senate committee on the matter, even though she'd been subpoenaed (sp). The committee was livid. Who/what protects her under those conditions?

Gail (from the JLB board)

August 5, 2008 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Alafair Burke said...

Gail, Laughed a whole lot at the First Response pregnancy test mix-up. Yep, it's true, I'm a fanilow.

As for the exchange between Michael Dominguez (who apparently ordered Dr. Whitley not to appear) and the House subcommittee, I guess I'd agree with Rep. Tierney's assessment that the order was "inexplicable" and "ridiculous," given that Tierney didn't even try to assert executive privilege. More to come on this I think...

August 5, 2008 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger clara said...

happy happy pamela. hay i got a t-shirt from your pappy. long time ago in wichita. love to go to book readings. still have it, kinda frayed a lil. i lost some weight in the uppers, poo.

August 6, 2008 at 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alafair:

You soooo one-upped (OK, perhaps triple) me with the Birthday pics on the website for Pom. Who can compete with that one?! Kudos for brillance!! Great pics of all of you! Pamala, you are brilliant, gorgeous, and as funny as ever!!! (Like you, Alafair!) Again, Happy Birthday, Baby! Also, I'm glad the glow stick was explained. I figured...gee, they came up with a fun pg stick for the peeps who really want to be surprised!!! The other thought was it was a pg test for Duffer's girlfriend and she was hiding!

Aunnie

August 10, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts





about books blog newsletter events contact