"The plot of an Alafair Burke thriller doesn't just rip from the headlines. She's one step ahead of them. 212 scares you and keeps you turning the pages into the wee hours."
— Harlan Coben

Read More>

Follow Alafair on:



Blog


Goodbye, Paris

Monday, August 4, 2008

I returned yesterday from my four day jaunt to Paris. This was my second trip to the city, and this time I felt much more at home. I navigated the train system to and from the airport and around the city with no problems. I managed to ask for most things in French. I even gave an American student directions and ran into a Parisian I had met on my last trip!

Highlights were trips to the Musee D'Orsay and the Centre Pompidou. I also went to Notre Dame, La Sainte-Chapelle, Les Invalides, and some of the other usual sights. Thanks to advice from debut author, new friend, and fellow foodie Jonathan Hayes, I had a much better culinary experience than on my first visit. If I ever win the lottery, I will ask Laduree to express ship pastries to me every morning.

I did write during the trip. There was a time when I thought I was influenced by my surrounding while I wrote. Not so anymore, but nevertheless I wonder... will any of you be able to spot the scene written in the Luxembourg gardens? Probably not, but I will always know and remember.

posted by Alafair Burke at 8:23 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts





about books blog newsletter events contact