"The plot of an Alafair Burke thriller doesn't just rip from the headlines. She's one step ahead of them. 212 scares you and keeps you turning the pages into the wee hours."
— Harlan Coben

Read More>

Follow Alafair on:



Blog


Portland and Me

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back in the day when I was a prosecutor, I feared that my name might someday be in the pages of the Willamette Week for all the wrong reasons. The weekly paper is sort of the Village Voice of Portland, the kind of mag that prints the political and courthouse gossip before the Oregonian gets a whiff of it. Now it's all good with a review of Angel's Tip this week. Showing some love to the hometown girl.

I will confess, though, that the following sentence made me sad: "my guess is we're now lost to Burke forever." Well, Richard Meeker, I'm telling you it ain't so. I went to Portland twice this summer and am planning to sublet a place there next summer. (Note, I say summer. The semester schedule and all. It's got nothing to do with the rain. Really. I mean it.) Portland is still near and dear to my heart and I have every intention of going back there, both physically and in my writing. Check it.

posted by Alafair Burke at 10:49 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Gerald said...

why did i think you were 18 yrs old. i dunno. you been a posecutor, written 5 books. wow.

September 3, 2008 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Alafair Burke said...

18...those were the days, long long long ago.

September 3, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts





about books blog newsletter events contact