"The plot of an Alafair Burke thriller doesn't just rip from the headlines. She's one step ahead of them. 212 scares you and keeps you turning the pages into the wee hours."
— Harlan Coben

Read More>

Follow Alafair on:



Blog


Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Friday, August 29, 2008


If I can ever pull myself away from the internet GOP VP buzz, I'll be saying goodbye to summer and white shoes in East Hampton. Copies of Angel's Tip will be distributed on selected Jitney rides this weekend so I hope to see lots of copies being read at the beach. Downside to my weekend: Duffer is going to New Jersey with BFF Sebastian, shown here sharing the Duffer's bed this morning (and before you tell me he needs a new bed, that IS the new bed). Enjoy what I hope is a long weekend for you as well.

posted by Alafair Burke at 7:39 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Alafair, KUDOS on your new exceptional book! I posted this on your dad's site today.

Hi Jim
Wow. Your daughter's book was awesome. I just love her Ellie Hatcher novels. I had a sneaky suspicion of whom it might be but I will send an email so no one loses the tension of the book. Readers, this is a must read book. Her writing has become so fluid, her characters so flushed out and her plots quite exceptional. Like her dad, one's empathy rises up to throat and eye level. The last chapter made me cry. Yup, big girls do cry!

I am eternally grateful that when I lived in NYC that I didn't frequent popular clubs. As an artist, I had alot of musician friends and I frequented small musical clubs in which the regulars looked out for one another like family. Granted, it was 4 am when we all left but I always shared a cab ride with another person. I am grateful. I hear the scene is much worse now in NYC because people are drinking way beyond their ability and stumbling around alone and drunk. The result is Alafair's book. When I lived in Little Italy, as funky as it was, the fear of Mafia retaliation was stronger than the desire to do residents harm. I was one of the lucky ladies living in the city. I give thanks!

August 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts





about books blog newsletter events contact