"The plot of an Alafair Burke thriller doesn't just rip from the headlines. She's one step ahead of them. 212 scares you and keeps you turning the pages into the wee hours."
— Harlan Coben

Read More>

Follow Alafair on:



Blog


Back "Home" at Powell's

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Portland crowd turned out a warm welcome home to me at Powell's tonight. Powell's was one of my first off-campus discoveries when I moved to Portland for college when I was 17 y
ears old. Having been raised by a writer and a school librarian, I saw an entire city block of books as the equivalent of Disneyland. I would spend rainy Sundays there, where, thanks to used paperbacks, even my limited funds were sufficient to feed my habit. Being there for my own signing is incredibly special. (And speaking of special, a special thanks to my friend and the official event photographer, Jessica, whom I have known since she was a baby. You did a great job!)

posted by Alafair Burke at 10:09 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiedi finished your book today and loved it! It was great to see you this past week. I hope you and Sean have a great fall. Porter is driving us crazy.

August 29, 2008 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Alafair Burke said...

You were crazy well before Porter came along. Thanks for the party. See you next time.

August 30, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts





about books blog newsletter events contact