"The plot of an Alafair Burke thriller doesn't just rip from the headlines. She's one step ahead of them. 212 scares you and keeps you turning the pages into the wee hours."
— Harlan Coben

Read More>

Follow Alafair on:



Blog


Reacher is "Seagalesque"?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Time Out was kind enough to plug the launch of the Angel's Tip tour, a joint event with Lee Child at the Tribeca B&N on August 18. As thankful as I am for the shout out, I did a double-take on the description: "Burke’s new thriller, Angel’s Tip, is a novel of New York nightclubs and murder: A group of women go on a 'girls night out,' and one winds up dead. Tonight, Burke is interviewed by fellow crime scribe Child, whose latest novel, Nothing to Lose, features his recurring, Seagalesque, two-fisted hero Jack Reacher."

Seagalesque? It wasn't a word with which I was familiar. I realized on second glance that they meant this and not this. Still, not really what I imagine when I picture Reacher. Time Out, Baby, I love you, but please don't spoil the fantasy.

posted by Alafair Burke at 7:53 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts





about books blog newsletter events contact