"The plot of an Alafair Burke thriller doesn't just rip from the headlines. She's one step ahead of them. 212 scares you and keeps you turning the pages into the wee hours."
— Harlan Coben

Read More>

Follow Alafair on:



Blog


Prepare Yourself For Some Name-Dropping

Saturday, July 12, 2008


Last night I was one of 16 authors featured at Harper Collins' Thrillerfest party at the Mysterious Bookshop, along with Jonathan Santlofer, Sarah Langan, Tasha Alexander, Tim Hallinan, Andrew Gross, James Rollins, Kathryn Fox, Andrea Kane, Jordan Dane, Steve Martini, Mario Acevedo William Dietrich, Jonathan Hayes, Vicki Pettersson, and Sean Chercover.  It was quite the party.  Among the highlights: I learned that Jonathan Hayes is a lovely man who shares my adoration for Gotham Bar & Grill (and has an awesome book jacket) and that Vicki Pettersson is extremely nice.


After the party, the husband and I had a tasty dinner with Thriller-nominated author Brent Ghelfi and his terrific wife, Lisa (see photo).

Up today: My panel at 4:00, From Your Profession to Your Creative Passion with Jonathan Santlofer, Laura Caldwell, Julie Compton, Adam Gittlin, and Douglas Preston.  Hopefully I can get some pictures that don't suck.

posted by Alafair Burke at 5:09 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Alafair --

I met you VERY briefly at the party -- I think Sean Cherkover introduced us, but I don't want to be held to that -- it was so jammed that some of it's a little blurry.

I wish we'd had a moment to talk so I could tell you how much I enjoy your writing. We'll probably get another chance.

Nice site, too.

Tim Hallinan

July 13, 2008 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tim, I do remember. Can you believe how many people were at that party? Thanks for the compliment. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon. Bouchercon perhaps?

July 13, 2008 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger Julie Compton said...

Hey Alafair,
Thanks for the mention in your post. It was great to meet you, and you did an excellent job as panel master!
Julie

July 23, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts





about books blog newsletter events contact